Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm BAAACK! And Here's The Rest Of My Way Too Late Preseason Top 25


Alright, so if you don't know already, I am a football coach myself and I've had a really busy start to the season. I dropped off at #13 as I released my preseason Top 25, so here's the rest of it, if you care:

#12 Nebraska
#11 Notre Dame
#10 Texas A&M
#9 Georgia
#8 Florida State
#7 LSU
#6 Oregon
#5 Boise St.
#4 Virginia Tech
#3 Wisconsin
#2 Oklahoma
#1 Alabama

I know that just about everyone else picked an Oklahoma/Alabama championship game, but there's a reason for that:  those are the two best teams in the country.  I still think Virginia Tech and Wisconsin are the darkhorse favorites to sneak in the title game if the Tide or Sooners stumble.

I'm disappointed that I drank the Kool-Aid on Notre Dame, as I usually don't buy the national hype they undeservedly get each year.  I got caught up in the second year of Brian Kelly, thinking this could be the year the Irish step forward and rejoin the national spotlight.  I guess I was wrong.

I'm sure I'll get the most grief for my #9 Georgia pick, put let me say this: they have played their two toughest games already and could be favored in the last 9.  Remember Virginia Tech last year?  They lost to Boise and FCS James Madison before running the table and winning the ACC Championship.  Chances are it won't happen for Georgia, but don't say it can't.

What do you make of the first 3 weeks of the college football season?  I promise I'll be on here more, dropping powerful knowledge about college football and the NFL.  You can buy that hype!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to see much of college football because I don't have cable and I've been working every Saturday, but so far so good. Bama looks good. I do, like you, believe UGA is better than people think. I also think South Carolina is not very good and will not finish in the top 25.

    ReplyDelete